Sunday, September 25, 2011

Papagayo manhole cover

The Papagayo peninsula is so upscale that even the manhole covers are fancy, with a butterfly design. In fact, it is so upscale that it has underground utilities and manholes.

Most of Costa Rica does not even have storm sewers and manholes in the streets. In fact, many towns have only a few paved roads. The Papagayo peninsula has streets made of paver bricks, underground utilities, and artistic manhole covers.

Julie and I have a good friend who takes photos of manhole covers on his travels. He has photos of unusual manhole covers from around the world. I think this manhole is worthy of his collection.

Today is Sunday, so we have new photos on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site. This week we are showing photos of some delightful details of the Music Palace in Barcelona.

7 comments:

brattcat said...

i'm also fascinated by manhole covers. this is a beauty.

Sharon said...

That is a rather fancy manhole cover. But then, the paving blocks of the street are pretty impressive too.

Lowell said...

Manhole covers have never done a thing for me. I can take 'em or leave 'em. Just so long as they are properly in place and I don't fall through the hole!

Re Cameo: I don't think the drive-thru is used for anything. It may be this was the office for one of those old-timey motels.

I'd do more business here ('cause I agree about patronizing a place that provides good service) but his inventory is minimal - and mostly Canon (I shoot Nikon DSLRs)...

Sad to say I did buy a small Canon point & shoot but have to take it back for it is defective!

Kate said...

I've looked for unusual manhole covers but apparently have not looked hard enough. Have never found one this attractive. Seeing a butterfly this early assures me of a fine day ahead!!

Jack said...

Nice, Dave. It is attention to details that distinguishes between pretty nice and truly elegant.

Randy said...

That is a nice one compared to what I have seen.

glenda said...

See what you miss if you don't look down. Get your head out of the clouds.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...