Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A solitary fisherman

This is a photo of the same guy on the beach that I showed from our condo balcony a few days ago. From the perspective of the beach he takes on a more solitary appearance against the horizon and the endless sea.

He is fishing in the surf, although I do not understand why he just tosses out a line with his hands rather than a fishing pole.

Whether his perch upon this rock is a safe place from which to fish is a subject of some future posts as I show more of a little walk on Langosta beach.

This week we have photos of the magnificent architecture of Chicago on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site.

7 comments:

Kate said...

This is quite a change from yesterday's post...a solitary person vs a large gathering of adults and kids. Just goes to show that the beach has a little something for everyone.

brattcat said...

love this shot, dave.

Sharon said...

I remember seeing people fishing from this rock when I was there. It appears to be a popular vantage point.

Lois said...

Nice shot! This reminds me of when I used to go surf fishing with my father when I was a kid. We stood on the beach though and definitely used a fishing rod!

irinapictures said...

One hundred years of solitude. This image makes me think of this book. Great.

glenda said...

This is a very peaceful picture. Love it.

Unknown said...

Beautiful image!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...