Thursday, August 18, 2011

Family on Langosta Beach

Yesterday I showed two dogs walking on the beach. A glance to the right from our condo balcony on this same recent Sunday morning showed a family enjoying the beach under the shade of one of the small trees.

Langosta is a quiet, residential area, so we do not get crowds of people on the beach. A family or a couple setting up a spot on the beach will likely not have another group of people on the beach anywhere close to them, and some one might walk past them every 5 minutes or so. This is refreshingly different than the crowded beaches in the USA. Julie and I find this delightful.

This week on our Viva la Voyage travel photo site we are showing photos of the Atacama Desert in Northern Chile. It is a unique place, colorful, desolate, yet with pockets of plant and animal life.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Yes, a "private" beach would be ever so nice!

Sharon said...

Having just recently experienced those California beaches I can appreciate this quietness. When I was walking the California beaches, I had to be careful where I stepped so I wasn't stepping on someone's beach towel or sand castle.

Jack said...

This family group seems to be relaxing and enjoying the moment. I don't see anyone texting or checking emails. How odd!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...