Thursday, March 4, 2010

Langosta Beach point

We are close to the far point that I showed in yesterday's photo. And, no, I have still not caught up to my wife, who is a dot in the center of this photo. When Julie gets up to speed on a power walk, it can be difficult to catch up if I am taking photos.

The reason this beach is so pristine and uncrowded is that it is separated from the main part of Tamarindo and Langosta by the Langosta estuary. It is part of the master-planned 4,500 acre Hacienda Pinilla development. It is a gated area and only residents or guests of the J.W. Marriott or other guest accommodations are allowed to drive into the area on the inland road, but anyone can walk along he beach. All beaches are public property in Costa Rica. There are not very many houses and condos in the development and the area along the beach is not developed.

From our condo in Langosta, we can walk north along Langosta Beach, which has some condos and houses but is not crowded, and can walk around the point to the north to the main part of Tamarindo. If we walk south, we can wade into the water and walk across the mouth of the Langosta estuary and reach this undeveloped, pristine beach.

In the next few days I will show some scenes along the walk that will remind you that this is, after all, a Costa Rican beach.

This week on our travel photo site, Viva la Voyage, we are featuring photos of Washington, D.C., taken during the special light of sunrise.

9 comments:

brattcat said...

Is that someone's home in the trees just above where Julie is running?
I have a laptop and wireless router but it doesn't quite work in the first floor guest bedroom where I've been staying since my accident. My office (and router) are on the third floor, at the opposite end of this very large house. So I hobble out to the library (on the first floor where Mr. Brattcat has moved my computer) a couple of times a day, trying to build strength and stay in touch with the world outside. Thank you for all of your helpful thoughts, Dave.

Kate said...

This really is a solitary beach! I think exercise is critically important (good for Julie), but I think that I'd linger along with you, taking photos!aterwo

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Brattcat,
There is a few guest cottages in the trees behind the beach, so I think what you see is a little gazebo or similar structure in the trees just above where Julie is in the photo.

Good luck in your recovery, and I am relieved that you (1) have computer/internet access and (2) are not having to climb three stories of your house with your injury.

Lowell said...

It's very attractive, made more so by its remoteness.

I know what you mean about Julie's power walking. When Lois runs, I follow along on a bike. If I stop to take a photo or two, she can disappear in a few seconds because she gets so far ahead...

Anonymous said...

Who do the people talk to when walking along places so solitary? I suppose one talks just to hear the voice while listening to the water. It sure is a pleasant place.

Judy said...

I'm imagining the feel of that wet sand under my bare feet....ahhhh.

Tash said...

Sigh...wishing I was there... or even at a local beach. I like the sequence of getting closer & closer.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

Ahhhhhh, what a lovely beach with green trees, fine sand, and warm waves.

Lots in Costa Rica said...

Very interesting, I would like to move to Costa Rica, but first I need to find a lot and learn a little Spanish.Decide where to live is very difficult, personally I love the people from Costa Rica are very nice and the nature is amazing.In Costa Rica, one can enjoy lovely tropical beaches, the grandest adventures, the wonders of nature, brilliant and exciting culture and all the necessary components of an ideal vacation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...