Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Monkey contemplating a banana

After the monkey took the banana piece out of my son's hand, the monkey stared at the banana piece in between bites. White faced Capuchin monkeys have pensive expressions, but I would not think that there is much reason to contemplate a banana piece.

Maybe he is meditating about why humans give him banana pieces that are already peeled, saving him the trouble of peeling the bananas himself.

Maybe he is wondering why bananas purchased in stores and given to him by humans taste different than the bananas that grow in the wild.

Maybe he is thinking that if he takes his time and acts like a cute monkey and poses for photos, the humans will hang around longer and hand out more banana pieces to him and his family.

4 comments:

brattcat said...

Or maybe he's not thinking about the banana at all. I frequently eat, even stare at my food, while my mind is off elsewhere. I think this monkey and I have an awful lot in common.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

very interesting and human like photo and funny narrative

glenda said...

Great shots both of Taylor feeding the monkey and the monkey contemplating his banana. Really like your new header.

Judy said...

Maybe he just wants to monkey around with it a bit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...