Monday, June 29, 2009

River rapids and attendants


This odd photo shows large and swift rapids that we did indeed go down in our rafts. One of the attendants is standing right on the edge of the drop off in order to grab our tubes as we floated by and to stabilize us to prevent our tubes from tipping over. One of the other attendants is approaching the rapids.

The attendants were amazing. They were sort of like caddies who help golfers at a nice country club. They would point our tubes us in the right direction so we would float down the best part of the river, as there was very little we could do to steer the tubes. In calm stretches of the river, they even kicked and paddled and helped push us along.

They were present to assist if anyone fell out of their tube or tipped over in the rapids. The attendant who was standing on the edge of the rapids in the top photo reached out and grabbed my tube as I was about to plunge down the rapids and he stabilized my tube in the right position so I would not flip over, which I would have done had he not been there to help.

The bottom photo posted today was the scene of a little, harmless mishap by my younger son, which I will show tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

River rapids seems like fun but for somebody else. I can't swim though I have been dunked in the Pacific Ocean between Japan and Iwo Jima.

brattcat said...

That top shot is amazing! I wondered if anyone ever took a spill. Glad it wasn't you.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

that is quite a drop for an inner tube.

Sharon said...

It looks like you don't have to into the water to get wet here.

Judy said...

Thank goodness for those guys!! That looks like a narrow space to get through in the last picture. Now I want to see what happened there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...